Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
Here's how we are responding to the impact of Coronavirus on our customers, our people and the community.
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation continues to evolve, our priority is the safety and wellbeing of our customers, our employees and the community.
We’ve been around since 1870, trading through good times and bad, and we want to reassure our customers that their money continues to be safe and secure with Bank of us. Australia's financial system is resilient, and it is well placed to deal with the effects of COVID-19 and like all banks, deposits up to $250,000 with Bank of us are covered by the Australian Government’s Financial Claims Scheme.
We are continuing to monitor the virus alert levels and public health communications and act on the advice accordingly.
eight Retail stores across Tasmania remain open from 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday. We are aware that due to the spread of the virus this may change, and we are working on several measures to enable our banking services to continue.
We have implemented a plan in the workplace to help prevent the spread of the virus, including providing access to hand sanitisers, making sure our workplaces are clean and hygienic, restricting interstate and overseas travel, and promoting good respiratory hygiene.
We are also asking for our customers’ help to mitigate the spread of the virus by not visiting a Store if feeling unwell and if in Store, practicing good hygiene.
We want to remind our customers that there are many alternative ways to bank with us:
- Our Contact Centre is available between 8.30am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday by calling 1300 306 716.
- You can make purchases and withdraw cash (retailer dependent) with your Visa Debit Card from your Bank of us account
- Make withdrawals from any of the major banks’ ATMs without being charged a fee
- Access information about your accounts, transfer money and pay bills online via Internet Banking and our SmartBanking App 24 hours a day. To register for Internet banking visit https://bankofus.com.au/register-for-internet-banking-online
- For our customers who bank in Store only and need help setting up on online services, please get in touch with us today, so we can help you to access your money in other ways.
For customers who may be facing hardship due to impacts of the virus, talk to us early so we can help you get back on track. More information on how we can help call 1300 306 716 or visit https://bankofus.com.au/financial-hardship