Your home is most likely the biggest financial commitment you’ll make in your entire life, so it’s important to look after your investment. A little TLC now will save you time (and, more importantly, money) later down the track.
We recommend creating a spring cleaning checklist before you get started. If you're wondering what to add to your checklist, here’s a list of things you might want to have a crack at this spring:
1. Is your deck or alfresco area ship-shape? A fresh lick of stain or oil on a weathered looking deck can do wonders for the entire look and feel of your outdoor area.
2. It’s called a spring clean for a reason! Spring is the perfect time to roll up your sleeves and give your home a thorough clean, room by room. Don’t forget the hard-to-reach places (like under the furniture) and the yucky jobs (like cleaning the oven and scrubbing the bathroom exhaust fans). Vacuuming the floors regularly is a given, but a spring steam clean will help remove deep down grime and dirt.
3. Add a little sunshine and even the most sluggish of gardeners want to frolic outside. Keep those lawns manicured and garden beds free of weeds so your outdoors looks as immaculate as your indoors.
4. Nothing says neglect like chipped or peeling paint. Sick and tired of living inside the same beige walls? A fresh lick of paint is an easy way to redecorate your living room from top to bottom, or try a wallpapered feature wall to make your bedroom look like it’s jumped right out of the pages of a home magazine.
5. Review your home and contents insurance. It’s a good habit to get into, especially if you do any major work to your home. Even if you buy any new large appliances or goods for your home, look at adjusting your contents insurance to cover the cost of your new stuff.