Our new look burst onto the scene on 1 November.
We are a different kind of bank – a customer owned bank. Our name and logo have changed but our values, including always putting the customer first, will remain the same.
Not everything will stay the same. There’ll be exciting new products – products that are not tricky or complicated, that are great value, with competitive rates and that are designed by Tasmanians for Tasmanians.
We’ll have a mix of the best technology, the products you need and a generous pinch of community spirit.
And we want to share a little secret with you, just between us – we won’t be what you’d expect from a bank. But then, we’re not like other banks. We are the Bank of us.
Our new look and feel is fresh, modern and vibrant. We hope you like it as much as we do.
Why is B&E becoming a customer owned bank?
The word bank is easily understood. It clearly says what types of products and services we can offer our customers. The term ‘building society’ has become less relevant, especially to younger people.
Our responsibility is to our customers. By becoming a customer owned bank, we hope to attract new customers and retain our existing ones. This will make sure we continue to grow and remain a financially sustainable business in the years to come.
Who made this decision?
We talked to customers, potential customers and staff as part of an 18 month research process to consider changing to a customer bank. The decision was approved by the Board.
What makes a customer owned bank different from other banks?
- A customer owned bank puts the customer first.
- It is owned by its customers and not shareholders.
- Its focus is on customer benefit and community involvement.
- Any profits are reinvested into the business to deliver a better banking experience for customers, including fairer fees and outstanding customer service, great value products and more competitive pricing for customers.
What is changing?
- Our name and logo will change but our customer-first values will remain the same.
- There will be no change to customers’ everyday banking.
- Our BSB, customer account numbers, PINs and Internet or SmartBanking App logins will stay the same.
- There is also no change to our phone numbers, branch locations and opening hours.
- VISA debit and credit cards will be updated over the next 12 months.
- Our legal entity, B&E Ltd, stays the same, as does our ABN, AFSL & Australian Credit Licence.
- We've simplified our Terms and Conditions. These are available from www.bankofus.com.au/important-information (and after 1 Dec, we'll assume you've accepted them.)
So what's up with the new name and logo?
To give you a little bit more context behind Bank of us, our new name isn’t ‘Bank of you’ or Bank of me’, it’s Bank of us. The ‘us’ implies being part of something bigger. As a 100% Tasmanian customer owned bank, we’re placing people at the heart of banking and the circular layers of our logo are our way of representing Tasmania, the community, our customers and the bank.
Circular designs are often used to show inclusion, openness and collaboration but of course, design is open to interpretation. It may not be what people expect from a bank, but we want to make it clear that we’re not like the other banks.
The small, small print:
Bank of us is a trading name of B&E Ltd ABN 32 087 652 088 AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 236870.